The Greenhaven Encyclopedias of The Middle Ages
Other articles, such as Kabbala and Kalam, bring out various aspects of Judaism and Islam.
However, there are no overview articles on Christianity or the Catholic Church, or on medieval literature and poetry. Students will have to know the names of individual popes, saints, literary works, and so on.
- Investing in India;
- Entire and Meromorphic Functions (Universitext);
- Greenhaven Encyclopedias Series by Tom Streissguth?
- Encyclopedia Of The Medieval World · Edward D. English · Könyv · Moly.
- Lord of Emperors (The Sarantine Mosaic, Book 2);
- Psychopharmacological Agents. Use, Misuse and Abuse.
Some articles are curiously missing important see also references. For example, the brief Barbarians and barbarian migrations has no cross-references to Franks, Vandals, and other related entries. The interdisciplinary nature of the articles and the way they compare Christian, Jewish, and Islamic ideas and practices make them invaluable for students who want to see how medieval cultures contrasted.
The former is less expensive but not as comprehensive, while the latter, though based on the scholarly Dictionary of the Middle Ages Scribner, , is written for students from middle school and up. Librarians will also need to consider whether to replace Encyclopedia of the Middle Ages.
The Greenhaven Encyclopedia of the Middle Ages - Thomas Streissguth - Google книги
The newer work is recommended to high-school, college, and public libraries that want to update or broaden their history reference collections. Merle Jacob.
Facts on File , Link Network. This item is available to borrow from 2 library branches.
- Nanomagnetism and spintronics : fabrication, materials, characterization and applications;
- The Making of the Middle Ages - PDF Free Download.
- Greenhaven Encyclopedia of Middle Ages (Electronic book text)?
Creator Streissguth, Thomas, Summary An alphabetical presentation of definitions and descriptions of terms and events associated with the medieval era. Language eng.
Publication San Diego, Greenhaven Press, Extent p. Isbn S Literary form non fiction Nature of contents bibliography encyclopedias Series statement Greenhaven encyclopedia Target audience pre adolescent. Isbn Isbn Type alk.
Greenhaven Encyclopedias Series
Get a free library card! Library Locations Map Details. Somerset Public Library Borrow it.